Miami kids fishing experience on a boat is a great choice, especially if it’s a family trip with your children. To help you do just that, we’ve compiled a list of the best things to do in Miami on a boat with kids. Let the exploring begin.
Fishing can be messy, therefore we only authorize it on the fun boat. Organize 48 hours in advance with your captain if you need reels and baits - they arrange the rods rental price with you directly. A great choice for fishing in the Bay on a Miami kids fishing boat rental.
Catch-and-release fishing improves native fish populations by allowing more fish to remain and reproduce in the ecosystem. Releasing native fish caught will help to ensure that enjoyment of this recreational opportunity will last for generations to come. Come on board for the Miami kids fishing experience.
According to the NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION: Catch and release fishing is a type of recreational fishing where anglers immediately release a fish back to the water where it was caught. It's a great conservation strategy, but simply letting a fish go does not guarantee it will live.
The actions you take before, during, and after you land a fish can improve the chances of survival, keep fish populations healthy, and keep fishermen fishing.
Effective Catch and Release Techniques
Choose the Right Gear
For catch-and-release fishing, you need gear that reduces stress on the fish and increases the chance of survival after being released.
- Circle hooks, barbless hooks, or hooks with crimped barbs. These can increase survival rates and make hook removal easier. Some fisheries require the use of circle hooks, so be sure you know the rules and regulations before you hit the water.
- Non-stainless steel hooks. These will corrode and fall out over time if a fish or other wildlife is accidentally hooked and escapes before they can be dehooked.
- Tackle strong enough to quickly land the fish you’re targeting.
- Wet, soft knotless mesh or a rubber landing net. These cause less damage to a fish’s eyes, fins, scales, and protective mucus coating.
- Release tools such as a "dehooker". These minimize handling and make it easier to release fish without removing them from the water.
Book a memorable experience for you and your children with a Miami Kids Fishing Charter!
3-hour boat ride is our best seller in terms of duration because you have enough time to explore the best sightseeing in Miami and you can anchor, swim, relax and party. Oftentimes our guests request an extension but 3-hour is definitely the perfect timing to get started.
Fishing in the Bay is an awesome family activity but it can become messy. For this reason, we only organize fishing trips from the Fun Boat.
A few recommendations for a non-cruel fishing experience
- Never gaff a fish you plan to release.
- Dehook the fish in the water whenever possible.
- Cut the line as close to the hook as possible if a swallowed hook can’t be easily removed.
- Keep air exposure to a minimum if you must remove a fish from the water. Less than 60 seconds is ideal.
- Handle the fish as little as possible and only with wet hands.
- Avoid touching the fish’s eyes and gills.
- Support the weight of any fish removed from the water along the length of its body. Never suspend a fish by its lip or mouth.
- Resuscitate a sluggish fish by facing it into the current until it regains strength and can swim away on its own.
Imagine exploring Miami's virgin islands on the bay: crystal clear water, raccoon, manatees, and tropical jungle. Getting this experience in one of the biggest cities in the United States is surreal, but at Aquarius Boat Rental and Tours, we make it happen!
Best practices for catching:
- Target open species
- Fish in shallow and cooler waters
- Limit fight time
- Use non-stainless, steel circle hooks
Best practices for releasing:
- Use a de-hooking device
- Use a descending device or properly vent if a fish displays signs of barotrauma
- Minimize handling
BEST BOAT RENTAL IN MIAMI
From unforgettable sights to undiscovered corners, there’s just so much to see and explore. If you choose Aquarius Boat Rental and Tours' kid fishing experience, you won't be disappointed.
We have a few captains who are truly experts in fishing and will have great pleasure sharing their passion with you. Perfect to show a little one by booking a Miami kids fishing activity.
Please make sure you inquire about which boat you can use and which captain you can pick.
If you have any questions or are ready to book your fishing charter, feel free to get in touch.
What we will see
Discover Miami's waterfront in luxury with Aquarius. Our signature Private Guided Tours passes the glamourous island homes of Miami's rich and famous, including residences on Star Island, Hibiscus Island, Palm Island and more.
This highly-rated boat ride is fully customizable and can include an anchor and swim stop at white sand islands. Aquarius offers guests unbeatable views of the dramatic downtown Miami skyline. Departing from Millionaire’s Row in Miami Beach, everyday, by appointment only!
Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach, FL
Bal Harbour, FL
Miami Beach, FL
Top Frequently asked questions
There is no set route you decide where to go, our captains' favorites are:
- a trip north to the sandbar, millionaire row, Indian creek Village (usually on 4-hour+ trips)
Of course, you can stop and swim and enjoy the mat at nice islands on the bay. Whether you want to sightsee or just play your own music, relax, or party, it is totally up to you 🥰
- Food and drinks
- Sunglasses and a hat
- Bring comfortable clothes (no jeans!)
- Bathing suit and Sunblock (eco-responsible).
- Extra cash
Boating in the Bay is totally safe for the little ones. This is a kid-friendly activity in Miami. They enjoy the ride, speed and even jumping in the water for the bigger kids.
Of course, we provide life jackets for babies and toddlers. Life vests are not mandatory for kids over 6 years old but we will still have them on board.
Make sure to let us know how many children will attend if it's more than 2 so we can plan ahead.
Time goes quickly on a boat so 4 hours will pass like a blink of an eye. There are so many things to see and explore from a boat in Miami that 4 hours is not enough. Our best seller is 3-hour but usually people extend their trip to 4 hours.